My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, May 24, 2019

The Finishing Line

Today is the last day for campaigning for the election on Sunday 26th May for the Town Council.

Despite all the scaremongering by the other two parties I believe we have made clear what the actual situation is through our meetings and door to door canvassing.

I have not quite managed to visit every English speaking home but I think I gave it a good shot. Been on the stump since Sunday 12th May!

I thought I should list the accomplishments I have been involved in over the past 4 years to give you some idea of what I have done,

Teamwork,

1. One of the team that worked to achieve the PGOU.
2. One of the team that reduced the Town Hall debt from €1.200,000 to €600,00

As Councillor for Citizens and security

1. Developed the Help Desk into one of the most supportive in Almeria for our residents.
2. Provided a whole range of equipment for the Polizia Local.
3. Established the free interpreter service for the Doctors.
4. Recruited a new officer.
5. Formed and trained a Civil Protection unit to assist in local events or emergencies.
6. Together with colleagues developed an Emergency Plan for the municipality for any emergency.
7. Arranged numerous subsidised cultural trips.
8. Organised numerous events to assist with integration eg food exchange days etc
9. Encouraged and assisted local charities who wished to work with the Town Hall.
10. Helped and encouraged use of all our facilities by the English speaking community.
11. Responded to all calls for TH attention
12. I have ordered a new Police car for the Polizia Local.
13. I was also instrumental in forming a close relationship between the Spanish Legion and our town. (So that they now regularly conduct exercises in our municipality which benefits local businesses)
 14. Many other things but the above are the most effective.

I have worked in the Town Hall for 12 years now (as many of you know without pay). I came in in order to initially provide a conduit between the English speaking and the Town Hall, due to all the issues we had with Planning. Now that we have been successful in agreeing our PGOU I thought that my work was complete but there are further actions I and the team would like to complete.

This is my plea, that if you wish this current team, which in my opinion has been the best ever, to continue their good work and, show support for the work and commitment I have shown over the years, please take a few minutes to go vote for PSOE on Sunday.

Tomorrow is a day of reflection so neither I nor any politician will be bothering you and I will be lying  in a semi comatose state for most of the day.

Must add that, no matter what the result, my thanks go to all those who have supported and encouraged me over the past 12 years.

NB Polling stations open Sunday 0900 x 2000.


2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for all your efforts Jim, your commitment to the community is greatly appreciated. Margaret and I will return that support on Sunday to the dedicated Luis and all the team at PSOE. Danny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Danny

    ReplyDelete