My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, September 12, 2014

Concert 20th September

Dear friends, in the city hall of Zurgena we sell tickets for the concert "Music Night of contrasts." Our friends Peter and Gary organize a concert to raise money for schools and children of our town. 

There is a bar and meal. Tickets are numbered and
 include seat. Unique opportunity to see music stars that normally act in places like Marbella Star Lite! 

Participate and enjoy good music and company with solidarity! The concert will start at 20.00. Tickets 10 € / person. 

Renfe Station Zurgena be filled on Saturday 20 September. Don't miss it!


Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Dipuradora and Village House

Just heard that, at long last, that the pumping machine required to repair the Dipuradora in Cuesta de los Pinos should arrive in about 10 to 14 days for fitting!

I have been asked to put on here the fact that the family of Amelia (who died last month) wish to sell her village home in Zurgena. The house is a single storey 3 bedroom house in Zurgena village of about 30 years of age. It has a number of typical Spanish features and has a large roof terrace with great views over the town.  I understand the family will accept offers close to €90,000. If anyone is interested in this property please email me for more details. Apologies for including what is basically an advert but as regular readers will know there are occasions when I feel it suitable to include such things.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thursday 4th September

Called in to have a talk with Candido today about some of our outstanding issues and made a little progress.

Firstly although we have lost a €50,000 grant we still think we will qualify for sufficient funds to do the major repair works such as the dipuradora for Cuesta de los Pinos (although despite my best efforts this is not going to be completely finished until about mid october, but temporary improvements are promised), the road repairs to Calle Finlandia etc an th other works necessary following the floods of Sept 2012.

The area maps can be prepared for more areas. I have a rough draft for Los Llanos del Peral. All I need to do now is to get a copy of the original bill for the first one we had done, for comparison purposes and get some quotes from more companies. Will try and get on with this in the next week or two.

Political party activities and posturing are already starting in preparation for next years local elections and this does somewhat complicate issues but hopefully will not impinge too much on the work to be one. As a reminder we have scheduled for this month the PGOU Commission meeting on the 10th and the PGOU submission Pleno on the 24th.

The library, it is hoped, should be open in a  few weeks.

The following people are on the latest Padron check list. If you or anyone you know is on it please ask them to pop into the TH to confirm (if that is the case) that they should still be on the padron.
Jeanette and Mark Bastin, Patricia Brand, Helen and Terry Burnell, Bernard Carroll, Leslie and Mary Davies, Julie Dodsworth,Robert Charles Duggan, Liam Joseph Evans, Angela and Ian Gould,Beverley and Michael Holt, Eva and Thomas Lewis, Keith Graham and Mary Moore, Doreen Rigby, Callum and Rebecca Shaw, John and Kathleen Smart, Bernard Smith, Lewis Snelgrove, Brian Charles Wailes, Margaret Catherine Smith,Victor Henry Davey,Brian Stewart Kear.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wednesday 3rd September

Called in to the TH today for a few appointments and a bit of work. I had a little difficulty in that I could not speak with Candido, as I suspect there may be some political issues going on that I am not privvy to, yet!

Spoke with Luis re some of my outstanding points and he agreed that all issues of a non political nature that come under the jurisdiction of Paco and the TH workers I should pass through Andreas to Paco directly. He will be responsible for completing the works and if I have any unresolved issues I should take them up with Luis. I then gave Paco a list of issues which I asked him to attend to as soon as he can. These included improvements to the fork junction in the road up to the pool bar, the fork junction approaching Los Llanos del Peral, the traffic situation outside La Vida and a couple of others. He promised to see what best could be done at each location and implement such measures as soon as he can afford the manpower.

Issues which people had emailed me about and which are not general point I will answer by direct email to the originators eg the wifi, capcha issue, the possible industrial building in La Alfoquia and a couple of others.

Should get back to more normal service soon. I had family out for a few weeks and still have visitors mid September but should be able to make some progress.

Re the Dipuradora, Noelia and Luis said they expected to hear back from the company responsible today or tomorrow. I will chase up again tomorrow.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bad News and Good Tradesman

Firstly I have to inform everyone that Amelia (Crea I think was her surname) passed away last Wednesday and was buried on Thursday. Many of you will remember her from her Spanish language classes and the work she did for the local church. She and her son also assisted me during the first election I was involved in. The community has lost an important member. Unfortunately I do not know the circumstances of her death and if I find anymore out will post. Her son is the one whose link is on the side of this blog and who provides translation and medical type services.

Secondly I thought I should post on here about another local man who has done some work for me and was very good and very reasonable. He does plumbing and general maintenance etc and his name is Anthonio J Fernandez. His telephone number is 647925280 but if you wish to get him to quote for a job or whatever you would be as well going through Mateo on the following number 647732887 this is a friend of Anthonios' who is fluently bi lingual. 

Monday, August 25, 2014

Programme for Zurgena Fiesta 2014 & Katest re Sewerage Cuesta de los Pinos


I have attached below the programme for this years Zurgena Fiesta for your information.

I also had an extended discussion with Luiz, Noelia and Manolo (the secretary) regarding the continuing inability of  the the TH to resolve the horrible situation regarding the sewerage treatment plant at Cuesta de los Pinos. I had been promised that it would be completely repaired by the time I returned from my holiday earlier this month but in fact it is worse than ever. I informed Luiz that if we could not give a definitive date for the remedial work then I would prepare a statement for the press as I felt that it was becoming an inexcusable situation for the TH to have still not resolved it.

After going over all the facts again and making phone calls to the company from whom we are awaiting some of the equipment I left it that Noelia would contact me as soon as this company got back to her (as the responsible person was on holiday this week) . I agree to desist from contacting the press until the 3rd/4th September by which date I was assured we would have a completion date that we could be confident of. I will publish that as soon as I receive it and in the absence of that an article for the press.





Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Meeting re Decree re PGOUs

We held a meeting this morning with the technical architect regarding the latest (!) decree from the Junta about the submission of PGOUs. As you know ours is almost ready to submit having complied with various edicts from the Junta. It was in a state where the architect needs to make amendments due to representations from members of the public and then submission for approval (or return).

Our debate which lasted for over an hour and a half revolved around whether, following the latest decree from the Junta, we should amend our plan in accordance with this decree or submit it as is. At the conclusion of the debate we held a vote and I voted in favour of submitting the PGOU as it stands and if they wish to object or ask for alterations at least we have got it into their office. Otherwise we would still be in the situation we were years ago. The vote was split as others felt we should appease the Junta by making some alterations, but the vote in favour of submitting the plan as it is was carried. The timescale now is for the  amendments from public allegations to be incorporated by the 1st September, a a commission for the plan meeting on the 10th September and a Pleno to approve the final PGOU on the 24th September.

Secondly if any of you, who attended the meeting held in the theatre, regarding the issue of small building licences, wish to progress their particular application, after hearing Jose Crespos' presentation please get in touch. He needs to decide whether to undertake the necessary work or not. Basically what he was saying was that if he could get a group of about 10 persons, maybe those who recently applied for a small licence for partition of their property,  if they wish he could start the work and not make any charge initially but if he won the fees would be a total of about €8,500 plus IVA, shared between the parties. So if you are interested please let me know.