My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Free Man & Bad things bring good

Thanks for all the messages of support prior to my court appearance today at Huercal Overa.

It was all a bit silly. On arrival with my solicitor and Candido, our ex mayor, and Andreas my Town Hall interpreter, we were told that I could not use Andreas but a court appointed interpreter already in attendance, a lovely young Spanish lady who had studied at the University of Salford and spent time in Edinburgh. So I thanked Andreas and left myself in the hands of this lady!
My solicitor asked to speak with the judge where he explained that I was an honourable man who was a councillor in Zurgena and who had never insulted anyone, in fact I did not even know the plaintiff. Also that all I had been doing was to communicate events, in the Town Hall, to ex pats in the area.
The judge then asked the plaintiff to attend the court and, apparently, when he went in, he told the judge that he could not remember even making the denuncia. The judge ruled that there was no case to answer and also ruled that, should the plaintiff make any allegations against me, in the next year, I could obtain recompense.
A lot of trouble and expense for Spain for nothing although not for nothing because from everything bad comes something good.
This time it was in the form of the restaurant that we repaired to after the court case. We went to Bodegas Labios in Huercal Overa. The first thing I noticed was the many photographs of famous current footballers including Cesc Fabregas, Iniesta, Pepe Reine, Puyol etc and signed shirts from Real Madrid and Barcelona. Apparently the brother of the owner of the restaurant is well known to these players. So that was my first impression, then came the tapas. Firstly they brought out Montadito de Lomo. This was a slice of Pork on crusty bread but with cheese, a tangy sauce and some other ingredients. Mouthwateringly lovely. Then the proprietor asked if we wanted to try Buffalo hamburgers (Hamburguesa de Buey). I quickly responded in the affirmative. They were as fabulous as the 1st tapa. Finally he brought out there home made Pate Perdiz (Partridge Pate) which was delicious. The proprietor then showed me his dining room at the back of the restaurant and it looked really posh and whilst the menu is dearer than many I will certainly be frequenting this restaurant in future. So it wasn't completely a wasted day. (although I did have to pick up the tab it was worth it)
Fran, our solicitor also highly recommended the following should I return, Roscos de croquetas, Buey Americano and Pate de Pichon.
Can't wait to go back.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jim pleased the court case went well!
    Any chance of directions to the restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi yes it is close to the centre of Huercal Overa. If you know the roundabout by the cinema take the road which goes downhill between the travel agents and the school. It is down that street on the left about 150 yards down.

    ReplyDelete