My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, March 23, 2012

Busy & Homes

I tried to see Candido today but he, and the other paid councillors, were involved in very deep meeting, discussing the state of our finances and what we need to pay out, how much we have coming in and what is the best way to move forward financially. I realised that it would be a waste of time trying to discuss other less important topics today, so will keep them until next week.

Needless to say I have not yet found out the result of the 2 Court cases regarding Los Carasoles but will chase up next week.

The questions that many of you provided for us to put to the representative for Social Services from Almeria have been recorded. I have provided a copy to Sampo but will discuss with him before we meet with the gentleman from Almeria, which will be after the elections.

With regard to the elections, which will be held this Sunday, the polls suggest that the PP party will win but the majority may not be sufficient to have an outright majority. The other main parties contesting the election to the Andalucian Parliament are PSOE, Izquierda, and P.A. I think our best hope would be a PP win and if necessary a coalition with PA as is the case in the Town Hall. However I think the worst case scenario for us would be that PP and PA have insufficient seats to form a majority and PSOE form a coalition with Izquierda. I think that that situation would be the most negative, for our hopes of progression, on things like the PGOU etc.

Lastly I have been asked a couple of times in the past few weeks about what care homes are available in Spain for such things as people requiring full time care. From my enquiries so far it would appear that there is a home in Huercal Overa which is run by nuns and which takes paid residents to care for them. I am awaiting more details on this. There is however the main Social Security dept which handles such scenarios but from what my Spanish friends have told me there are very few opportunities for full time care through that avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment