My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

IBI Queries

I had a feeling that the last post would generate much correspondence!

Just to explain about the IBI bit. Any Town Hall can, and will, raise IBI on all properties which it deems are properly serviced. That is any property where the Licence of 1st Occupation has been issued as this is the form which  a Town Hall issues to say that the property is correct as far as they are concerned and as far as there registration is concerned. I can remember a friend of mine, who sold his house on my developement some 2 years ago, and the solicitor acting for the purchaser asked for a 1,000 euro deposit to cover any future IBI bill.

The amount of the IBI bills is subject to many variables and I therefore cannot give an accurate figure. The one I quoted was a guesstimate made by a councillor some years ago. I am aware that, many areas pay much less than this, but I am led to believe they are also going to get a shock because, when the new bills go out, everyones will be increased.

Hope this helps. I will be discussing many issues around this point with the Mayor over the next few weeks and before the bills are issued will report on here any issues etc that are pertinent.

No comments:

Post a Comment