My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Meeting with AUAN and Candido

This morning we had as previously arranged a meeting between the Mayor and the AUAN. At the meeting and taking an active part in it were Maura Hillen and Brian Reade of the AUAN together with their interpreter Mrs Samson. From the Council, apart from myself, were Candido and the Town Hall secretary, Jose Anthonio. It is good to se that all the Town Hall staff are working together now to achieve what we all hope will be a comprehensive PGOU.

I was happy that the meeting went well and satisfied that things, as explained by Candido to the AUAN, were still progressing as I understood them to be. Candido set out the history of our negotiations with the Junta and where we were in the process. There was one bit of less than good news, and that was when we were trying to understand the timeliness of the process, when the secretary explained that he thought the initial plan would be put before the Pleno session of the Council but, that that would be in February or March. Where I was hoping that it would be before the end of this year. Additionally once it is agreed in Pleno there is, of course, the one month publication period, before it is for the Junta to respond. The pleasing aspect was that he, Candido, still maintains that he hopes to have all properties included in the agreed plan. I guess I was particularly pleased that everything that the Mayor and the secretary said was in accord with my understanding and previously published articles within this blog. I have undertaken to obtain a CD rom of the plan for the information of the AUAN although obviously, as this is a working document, it would not be for publication.

We also discussed the method for residents to check that they are going to be able to vote in the next elections. According to the AUAN each Town Hall is supplied every month with a list of those eligible to vote. After much discussion amongst the Town Hall staff they confirmed that it may be the law but that we often only receive a list once a year if not once every four years. I have undertaken to try and find out what possible listing the Town Hall have and let the AUAN know.

I then asked about the installation of street lights on the Cuesta de los Pinos developement. Candido explained that the Town Hall was ensuring that this was done and that the developement was tidied up. I was able to confirm that I had seen 3 of Paco's workers clearing the weeds away yesterday. The reason this was happening is that once the street lights are installed the Town Hall will be taking responsibility for this area. Candido asked if it would be worthwhile having an inauguration celebration when the lights were ready to switch on and to celebrate the Town Hall taking it over. I thought this a good idea so watch this space for details of what and when we will do to celebrate this stage of the process.

I was also told that an area in the Jardines del Almanzora area, which was to be a green area developed by Dizu, would also be done by the Town Hall as, due to the continuing legal actions by the Junta, Dizu would not be able to do this work.

The Town Hall has developed a new website. I am hoping to provide a link on here to theirs and vice versa as soon as I can.

Just as an aside I have been asked, by a couple of the internet forums, if I would join in their discussion groups to discuss local politics between now and the election next May. I have informed them that unfortunately I will not be taking part. The forums attract people who like the anonymity to launch tirades against others. I saw this happen last election. People know that, if they wish to discuss anything with me, they may do so through this blog or face to face in my surgeries or by email or telephone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jim
    Thanks for you hard work-Ref Lights they may be constructed but who is going to switch them on!!
    I live just down the road in Los Carasoles and our lights were turned on for a few weeks and then switch off and have remained off ever since.Something to do with Antonios legal or is it illegal status. So dont build your hopes up!!
    Regards
    Alan Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. No we will be getting the lights switched on after the architect submits his report and, as the Town Hall will have responsibility, I am hopeful that the supply will be okay.
    I don't think Candido will want to be associated with a problem.
    If you have a problem with your lights please email me and I will try and ascertain who is responsible for them and what the situation is.

    ReplyDelete