My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Meeting in Vera and Proposed Intercultural day 28th October

This evening I attended a meeting to discuss the possibility of bringing all Spanish national documentation processes from Almeria up to Vera. The Mayors of a number of other local towns attended and all agreed it was a good idea. So we will all be starting the ball rolling to hopefully by next year have a local facility to handle all national documentation in Vera.

The second benefit from the meeting was in making contact with more politicians who are interested in helping with our concerns re Brexit. I have planned some follow up meetings with some of these politicians, in particular the Mayor of Huercal Overa who is the current President of the Mancomunidad for that area of Almeria.

A reminder of the Intercultural Day to be held in the Renfe building 10.0am Friday 28th October. The programme is as follows, 1000 welcome. 1100 Coffee. 11.30 Talk by the participants about their culture and history. 1400 Aperitives y Dishes typical of the participants. We are still seeking  bit of clarity but at this moment a few of you have volunteered to do something from their areas in the UK which will be good. If I am allowed I will do a little bit on Scotland (with a typical dish from there!)

As this presentation is to be to the Spanish and the English speaking residents it will be presented bilingually but I see it as a great opportunity to share with our Spanish neighbours something of our backgrounds.

As we are providing some food I need to know the numbers of people who are going to attend. So if you fancy coming along please let me know in advance so we can cater. 

No comments:

Post a Comment