My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Monday, September 2, 2013

September at last!

So we have seen off the fiestas and can maybe look forward to getting some things done!

Firstly I have been told that my new street plan (the 1st of the 7) is ready and I will go and check it this week and hopefully get it installed this month. Then commission the second one for the pool bar area.

Secondly apologies to those who went to the prearranged Petanque tournament last weekend and found out it had been cancelled and no one had informed the expats. I discovered that it was not just the expats but a large section of the Spanish community was also not informed of the change of date and time and this was done by a small number of people. I will take up the complaints with Noelia and Candido to try and ensure it does not happen again. I can assure you that many Spanish people were annoyed about it too.

I hope to have a couple of meetings this week and to make progress on some of our outstanding issues. We are supposed to recommence the practice of having a once a week meeting of the councillors which I hope does happen.

Lastly on a NHW issue which, those of you who are already members of will know about, there has been a series of burglaries in our area, and beyond, lately where a blue Seat  6951 FCT has been used. It transpires that the occupants of this vehicle may also have been responsible for a burglary at Solas house in the village of La Alfoquia whilst the occupants were at the church service. This is to ask if anyone saw anything suspicious around the area of Solas yard last Saturday evening between about 5.0pm and midnight and if so please let me know. The Guardia Civil and the Policia Local are aware of the information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment