My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Long Time in Politics

Who was it who said a week is a long time in politics. Whoever it was I agree as the past 2 weeks have been longest in my short political life.

This post is primarily to thank those friends, who are aware of what a difficult and stressful time the past 2 weeks have been, for their help and support in my making the decision I did (to support the Censure motion of the current Mayor).  Thanks also to my wife for not getting onto me for the delayed meals and postponed events due to the meetings.

It has been enlightening to identify those who a) took an interest in the facts,  b) who asked for information before judging the decision and those who, c) through verbal or written communications, have spread facts which are basically and patently untrue. Why did they not just ask me?

There are some facts which I am not yet able to reveal publicly, and which may not be available for some time, but rest assured the decision, that the 8 out 10 voting councillors made, was based on what was for the benefit of the Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment