My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, September 27, 2013

1st Pleno New Administration

Today we held the first Pleno meeting under the new administration with Luis chairing it as Mayor. It was mainly to approve an amendment for our norms to facilitate the payment of monies due to companies involved in helping with the mountain slide.

The Pleno was not attended by the 2 PSOE official councillors but all the others did attend and approved the measures necessary to facilitate the payments due.

The Pleno went well although due to the mixed nature of the council it was not clear whether each councillor should have a say, or just party leaders, given that PSOE and PP are split. In the end Luis allowed everyone to speak.

Prior to the meeting I spoke with Luis about our outstanding issues and he said that he would do what he could with my list of issues but that from next week all new issues should be dealt with by the individual councillors and he reassured me that the 30 employees of the TH are equally at my disposal as any of the other councillors. This may make my role more demanding but it will be better in delegating tasks from the Mayor to allow him to concentrate on the bigger issues. Might even more improve my Spanish!

Luis has already made appointments to meet with various leading political figures in Almeria next week. He certainly is hitting the road running.

If anyone is interested (and I recommend watching its entire 35 minutes if you want to see the emotion in our local politicians) in seeing the Pleno meeting, and the speeches made by the main people, where the motion of censure was passed it is on youtube at the following link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcvecmE8qbk
If the link fails you can find it under 'mocion de censura zurgena'
If you fast forward to the end you will see me get a man hug ( they do things differently here!).

No comments:

Post a Comment