My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday 6th September

Had a quick one hour meeting with Candido this morning to go over a few things.

Firstly my new street plan sign for Cuesta de los Pinos has been delivered and will be installed in the next week or so. We will get the foundations in, Monday or Tuesday (hopefully), and I think we will get the press to cover it. I asked if we could start work on the next one for Jardines del Almanzora and he said yes but we will await receipt of the bill from Publipart to see how much it is before we place the next order!

Secondly regarding garden rubbish a friend of Candido's, Fran, who lives in Los Llanos will collect and dispose of any sizeable garden rubbish if you need it, for a small fee. I am aware of 2 people who have used Frans' service and been very satisfied. If you want such a service just email or call me.

Next I asked about the pump for the sewerage at Cuesta de los Pinos and Candido told me that due to the failings of the first company, who he asked to supply the pump, (it was one which was out of the ordinary) he has now gone back to the original company who supplied the first pump. He has placed a fresh order with them and hopes they will supply the correct pump shortly. The sewerage has been cleared by a friend of Candidos, a few times but it really needs clearing daily at the moment! The pipework for the electricity in that area is being installed now, prior to any remedial work to the roads.

I told Candido that I have two appointments with travel companies to get ideas for a 3rd Age trip later this year but still did not know what my budget was. He told me that we need to discuss with Noelia but that such a trip should be financed out of the Culture budget ok.

Following discussions which I had had with residents of Los Llanos del Peral I asked about the possibility of having a small farmers market there occasionally. Following discussions about this he said we would need to find out from the Secretary what the legal situation was for the various options of markets. Secondly regarding this area I also asked what we needed to do to reinstate the September Fiesta for Los Llanos. This again is a matter we need to discuss with Noelia and the local people who were previously responsible but he thought it a good idea that we should take forward. He also repeated what we have said before on here that the village hall should be utilised whenever there was a good purpose for it bearing in mind that the Mayor has the final say. I mention this as the RBL applied to use the Renfe on 2 occasions in November and Kiko had approved one, the holding of a religious service, but declined the other, a fair. He stated that he only wanted that building to be used for select purposes. So I guess it will be a case of each application judged on its merits.

I reported to Candido those areas which had asked me to for cleaning, tree trimming etc. I also gave him an updated list of those street lights not working and included a reminder about the fact that we were going to look at seeing what we could with the street lights in Calle Juan Ramon Jimenez. I also reminded him of the paving required near La Vida.

We had to break off as the TH solicitors had called for a meeting with him but we had covered most things. I got the impression that Candido is not very happy with the way things are going at the moment but it is just a feeling.





No comments:

Post a Comment