My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Busy Week

This is proving to be a busy week!

 Firstly we had a meeting of the coalition councillors yesterday which was a pre meeting for tomorrow as we have dignity arriving in Zurgena. The President of the PP in Almeria is visiting us at 5.0pm today.

 Secondly we have the Palaces Fiesta this coming weekend. I do not yet have the order of events but no change there!

 I asked about the court case against the various people,which the press referred to last week in Huercal Overa. Candido informed me that the case against himself and most of the others named in the case had been withdrawn but it was proceeding against Manolo (ex deputy mayor) and one or two others. He said the reason for this was the Fiscal Officer responsible for instigating these proceedings had changed his allegations (after 7 years!). We hope to find out more on Thursday, as all the coalition councillors are having a meeting with the solicitors on Thursday to discuss a number of cases.

 Regarding the Civil Protection unit Ana has agreed with me that we can accepot applications for consideration for membership of the Civil Protection until mid June. So if anyone wants to join our joint CP unit please let me know as I still have a few application forms left.

 We still have not yet had a date for the man from Almeria to answer our 3rd Age questions but it has not gone away!

 Lastly a reminder about the home stay students referred to in the last blog. Please consider helping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment