My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Possible Outcome

I have discovered that, where there is no clear winner, such as in Zurgena's election the council have 14 days to reach some sort of agreement. From my little knowledge of these matters I suspect that the most likely outcome would be an agreement between P.A. and P.P.

One of the options being considered, I understand, is if agreement is reached with P.P., that Candido is mayor for the 1st 2 years and then the P.P. candidate for the second 2 years. That would ensure that most of the things we want to accomplish could be.

3 comments:

  1. Bueno, no es la primera vez sin una mayoría en el ayuntamiento. Tenemos un ayuntamiento de once consejales buenas que comparten el deseo de mejorar Zurgena, ¡esperemos que todos ustedes pueden colaborar como adultos para lograrlo!

    Well it's not the first time we've been without a majority in Zurgena. We have a council of eleven good people who share the desire to improve Zurgena, let us hope that you can all collaborate like adults to achieve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm missing something somewhere. As I see it there are 11 Councillors for Zurgena 4PA 4PP 3PSOE. You are, thankfully, in but your were no5 on the list; how is this? Also the list was about 15 long, why if there are only 11 places

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peter,
    No I was actually No 4 on the list, so squeaked in by the seat of my pants. We actually had 21 on our list which is the maximum allowed. We did this to involve some of the younger people of the village. All parties can list a total of 14 for the council list with up to 7 additional reserves. The council has 11 seats so you must have a minimum of 14 eg 11 for the seats plus 3 reserves to contest the seat but you can have up to 21.
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete