My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Last Night & Tonight

Last night we had our presentation of the candidates for the Partido Andalucista for the upcoming elections. What a great reception we had from the over 200 people who attended. I think the split of nationalities was probably representative in the audience. It seemed about 40% ex pat and 60% Spanish. Many thanks to all those who attended.

The younger candidates were obviously very nervous but it was nice to see how well received they were by the people there. Each candidate had to walk to the stage and introduce themselves and their intro was interpreted. I made a point, during my intro, of stressing how honest, kind and helpful all the party members had been to me over the past 4 years and was because of that that I had agreed to stand again. Candido made a speech in which he highlighted the falsehoods and dirty politics being employed by the opposition party and he then introduced a 15 minute video of some of the new things that his administration had completed. I am hoping we can upload that to the internet for people to view who could not make the meeting.

As we had previously arranged Mike, and I, and hopefully Candido, and maybe one or two other P.A. candidates will be in La Vida this evening to have an informal meeting with anyone who wishes to come along.

The Wifi should be fixed later today.

1 comment:

  1. P.A. yesterday forgot him to say: where is the picture of the big painter of Zurgena, Ginés Parra?

    Neither I explain: why do not not all the citizens of Zurgena pay taxes as the I.B.I.?

    ReplyDelete