My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Court and Meeting and Election Process

Firstly the case against Candido has been adjourned as they had not stuck to correct procedure. The Junta are furious that their attempts to keep Candido from campaigning has failed.

I discovered today that despite what PSOE said was the reason that their meting could not be held in the Renfe was nothing to do with the Town Hall. Apparently by Spanish law prior to the elections the Town Hall have to identify 2 premises which all Political parties can use. The allocation of these premises, and control of them, is done by No 3 Court in Huercal Overa. So more lies by PSOE.

Whilst discussing the meeting for Wednesday night (8.0pm at the Renfe food and drink provided) with party members I asked, based on all the questions I have been receiving, whether the Architect from Almeria, responsible for compiling the PGOU, could attend. Candido rang him and he has agreed to attend and take questions. The meeting will open with an intro from me and Mike Foulkes, then Candido will outline his parties history in the village and what we hope to achieve if returned again. We will then have questions from the floor including questions about the PGOU.

Whilst on the subject of the PGOU if you have examined it and you cannot find your property you can report this to the Town Hall by letter in Spanish with a plan of the area (either taken from Town Halls website or whatever shows your location) and mark the position. It is not necessary to do this as we can do this after approval or before. One way forward would be for those who are concerned to contact me and I will do a composite list but to be able to do that I would need you to forward to me the marked plan.

The election will be held next Sunday. For all houses south of the riverbed eg Palaces and Zurgena your location will be the Town Hall. For all north of the river, basically nearly everywhere else it will be the school in La Alfoquia. The hours will be from 0900 to 2000. If you have not received the slip from the Censor office (which is really just a notification of the election) that does not preclude you from voting. You can attend, if you are on the list, on the day with photo identification and you will be able to vote.

Talk about dirty tricks, certain opposition politicians are using children in the schools to goad and spread rumours about some of our candidates and their children. I sometimes wonder how low some politicians will go. I will continue to try and only publish positive election material and not get down to their levels, although sometimes it is very difficult to resist. I understand that both I and Mike Foulkes have been 'slagged off'to coin a phrase which I take to be a compliment.

If anyone is interested the videos of what Partido Andalucista has done over the past 8 years is shown in bits on their Facebook page. If anyone wishes to view these clips please let me know then I can invite you through Facebook to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment