My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, May 20, 2011

Nearly there

What a week this has been, very tiring. I have promised Sue that I am not going to do this again in 2015. I think 8 years will have been enough, if we get sufficient votes this time. We have tried to visit every house in the municipality so that we could tell people what our plans are, some in very out of the way places. Thanks to all for their good wishes.

Remember when you are voting on Sunday that the only reason I am standing again is down to the fact that I believe, from my knowledge and experience of the Partido Andalucista, that they really do work well and conscientiously for all the village and are the best option for our future. If I didn't I would just have walked away. If we get the same votes as 2007 we will have 2 expats on the council and I will have someone to share the work.

The political parties are not allowed to do any political canvassing or publicity on Saturday. It is called the day for reflection when people can consider the benefits of each party so that they can make their minds up. So I am looking forward to a lovely day off!

On Sunday the count takes place in the locations where the voting takes place with the results usually announced later the same night. So depending on the vote this could be the last blog posting! Well no - I would have to do one for the result.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the election please just email me through the link at the top.

PS If you are having problems following the previous link to the PGOU it is on the Town Halls website www.zurgena.es then click through 'tablon de anuncios', 'normas', '2011' and then 'documento to para la aprobacion' and you will then find a load of files for the various areas. Locate your areas 'clasificacion' file for your area and you can then study it.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck on Sunday Jim. Sorry our application for a postal vote didnt work out.

    Ken & Bev

    ReplyDelete