My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

PGOU and Big Fat Liar (Me)

We held an extraordinary Pleno session this morning and Im ended up spending 5 hours there.

We officially appointed Isa as the Council Secretary in the absence of Jose (in hospital). We agreed the population count for the 1st January and agreed accounts for 2009. Then we got to the main business which was the progression of the PGOU.

Candido explained that after many, many discussions with the Junta they had reached a verbal agreement on what our Plan should look like. Whilst, and I have referred to this in previous blogs, we had hoped to approve the PGOU and then publish it, Isa had discovered that we had to approve the provisional plan for publication first, take objections, and then agree the format to be submitted to the Junta. That was what we were doing this morning. During this discussion it was interesting to see that the PSOE councillor MarieJose was obviously having a go at me and accused me of lying on the blog, in that I had told people that the PGOU would be agreed today. The blog is open for people to reread and, if they do, they will find that everything I have said on here is the truth. The opposition were saying that I had told people that we were approving the PGOU today and if you reread the blog you will find that that was what I was told initially but, fortunately Isa had discovered, we could not do that, but merely agree to publish the document for public consultation and I then updated the blog with that, and that is what we have done today. Both Manolo and Candido stated that whilst there are many people who use the internet in the valley most do so through anonymity whereas my blog is obviously directly attributable to me and the Town Hall.

The PGOU will be submitted for inclusion on the official Boletin which should occur in the next two to three days. We will then try and upload it to the Town Halls website and I will put a direct link from here to it.

It is interesting to note that on this, the most important of Council meetings, for the future of Zurgena, of the two opposition parties the P.P. councillor did not even attend and of the 2 PSOE councillors only one attended, MarieJose and she, whilst agreeing that she had no objection to the Plan, could only make an untrue and disparaging remark about my blog! She did not vote to approve the Plan but abstained!

We then spent a long time after the meeting discussing how best to convey the content of the PGOU to the citizens of Zurgena. Whilst I was there he got in touch with the main architect from Almeria and he, the architect, agreed to attend a meeting where, together with the governing councillors, he would explain the PGOU. I have also agreed that, after that presentation, I will try and get some in depth lessons from the architect and hold open days to inform people of their specific situation (to try and reduce the amount of work for Andreas and the Town Hall architect). THE PRESENTATION OF THE PGOU WILL BE DONE FOR ALL RESIDENTS OF ZURGENA ON THE EVENING OF WEDNESDAY 27TH APRIL AT THE RENFE BUILDING IN LA ALFOQUIA. This will be your first opportunity to get an explanation of the Plan.

It is perhaps understandable that the other political parties are a bit upset that we have got to this point as I believe they have, in their manifestos made promises to write a PGOU!

Back to the new Partido Andalucista office above Bar Trabalon tonight for more planning. It transpires that, as the population was over 3,000, we have to rejig the candidate list to include more ladies higher up the list. We have that to discuss tonight and our slogan and I don't know what else. Its just like having a job this! Thank goodness my wife is supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment