My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year but Old Problems! & Library & 3 Kings

Back in the office to resume work today and its seems little has occurred during my 2 weeks off! No surprise there though.

One problem which I have had referred to me, which is a perennial one, is the electricity outages affecting various areas but particularly Los Llanos del Peral. I have discussed this with two other councillors and am informed that we are, and have been, working with the other communities within the Mancommunidad de Almanzora to apply pressure on the supplying company, Sevillana Endesa for some years. But that it requires an upgrade of the infrastructure which Endesa say is too expensive. I asked if a blanket refusal to pay the bills would help. I was told that that would not work.

In order to apply pressure on the company, the advice I was given was that on each and every occasion when the supply is cut off (this is usually due to strong wind making 2 cables touch and thereby shorting out) we should notify the company´s Averias department on the following number 900 850 840. The more complaints they get the better. So if you are affected by these outages please register your report. I also ask that you inform me and I will keep a record to assist us when we discuss the issue with Endesa.

Additionally I am told that should any food be spoilt, or appliances damaged, as a result of outages these can and should be claimed back from Endesa. I appreciate that many will not feel comfortable in doing this but if you require any help then just let me know and we will provide any help can. If you feel comfortable talking to the company then a phrase, such as that below, together with your Endesa reference and address would initiate action.

¨tenemos muchos cortes de luz, estamos sin luz ahora.¨

We will continue to press the company for action to resolve this situation and we will be contacting the person who is ultimately responsible next Monday, as he is on holiday this week. He is the person who can initiate action in relation to specific problems (or at least that is what I am told)

The Library is opening again from this Friday and Anthonia has confirmed that if for any reason she is unable to open she will advise us and post a notice and/or contact Pam to open for her.

Also we have the procession of the Three Kings this evening. They will set off from the Town Square in Zurgena at 5.30pm and process to La Alfoquia and Barrio de Chicago before ending their journey in the Theatre in Zurgena.



No comments:

Post a Comment