My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Wednesday 23rd July

Update on this week so far.

I had a very encouraging meeting with Diego of the Polizia Local about their ways of working and how to make the service work, to as good a level as possible, in the future and we shared a few ideas and issues.

Then spent some time with Luis going over where we were with a number of issues. I can confirm that all the new councillors are working very hard in their differing fields to progress all our issues and projects. In fact I was given a mild telling off for not doing more myself! Apparently, due to the role I have now been given, I should be more bossy and demand things. Well Sue (my wife) knows I am not like that!!! However, he is pushing both me and the other councillors to progress our individual responsibilities. He reinforced the fact that I should use all of the resources at my disposal to do my job better.

In relation to the PGOU we are all working together with the regional authorities to move things on and to this end I am to be given briefings later this week and next week about the situation.

I have meetings with the secretary about contracts on Friday and, as a member of the Commission for the Hacienda, another meeting on Friday afternoon.

We are still trying to organise some intercambios but we have had difficulty is getting good enough support from the Spanish community. However, Jose feels optimistic that after the holidays e.g. in September that we will be able to get these established.

Jose has asked if he can take next week off and as Andreas will be taking a week later in the month and I am off most of August it is the only time he can be off when we still have some cover for the help desk. So there will be no Spanish classes between 27th and 31st July.



No comments:

Post a Comment