My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, March 14, 2014

PGOU & Bowling

Was it at the beginning of this week when I said it was going to be a quiet week in the Town Hall. Well I was wrong!!

We have had a number of issues around the bowling green which have required discussions between the contractors and ourselves, but I think, and hope, we have covered those off now. We also had a long discussion about the management of the green going forward and there are a few options which we will explore in the next days and weeks to make sure we get it right. We also need to discuss the monies needed and the ways of financing the additional equipment and infrastructure needed and how this should be financed. The most urgent from my point of view was a security fence around the green as it is too open to kids who will find it attractive to play about on, and we do not want that.

Secondly, today, we had a very interesting and optimistic meeting regarding the Provisional PGOU. The TH has, again, had a team working on this for the past few months and due to amendments to the law etc they have been working with the Junta. Our meeting today was to seek the support of the managing councillors to the approach currently being undertaken, with future meetings arranged to take this forward. All I can say at the moment is that things are continuing to look more and more optimistic. I will update the blog as and when I can release more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment