My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, February 28, 2014

Church Door Appeal.

I do not normally use this blog for charitable things, however, I have been approached by one of the Spanish church congregation, who is trying to raise funds to pay for some remedial work which has been carried out to the antique door to the Church of San Ramon Nonato, according to one website
"The Parish Church of San Ramon Nonato is one of the most notable places to visit. Built in 1558 to 1570, the fabulous Mudejar woodwork still survives."
The previous priest contracted a company to carry out remedial work which cost a total of €7,000. The parish members have so far raised €6,800 but need to find the remaining €200 within the next week.
I intend to be in the Town Hall on Tuesday morning between 1100 and 1300 on Tuesday 4th March and at La Vida from 1600 to 1700.
If any of the readers would like to contribute to this cause please pop in to see me at either location on Tuesday or at my home. Or if you wish to contribute but cannot make these places I will arrange to collect if you let me know.
All persons who contribute will have their names read out by the priest at the next mass after the bill has been paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment