My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday 25th February

Had a meeting with Candido and Luis this morning to go over some of my outstanding issues.

1. Street signs. As a result of my asking for a new road sign for Calle Dinamarca, we thought it better if I requested anyone who has a street, without a name sign, to contact me and I would compile a list so that we can get the outstanding ones at one go. So if you live on a street without a sign then please email me so that I can include it in the order. I tried to get this done years ago but failed but I am sure we can get them sorted this time.

2.We are, as a result of running out of contracted work with Nila, looking again at trying to make good/repair the other streets which were affected by the storm of September 2012. We have applications in for grants for this work (for streets such as Calle Escocia, Finlandia and Hungria) but, as we are still waiting, Candido is trying to see if we can manage with the THs labour and material. It is interesting to note that a number of the indigenous people think the TH is pandering too much to the expat community in the provision of street surfacing!!

3. The area known as Llanos de Era of Barrio de Palaces has had a couple of visits from the TH and, I believe, a digger has levelled the access track recently. I need to know the name of the street there in order to add to the above list.

4. The proposed paving for opposite La Vida, down the hill will have to wait until June or July when there is a programme for paving in the town and we should have sufficient materials left over to do that. Otherwise we would have to pay for it and we do not have the money available.

5. I am still awaiting a price for a trip for us elderly! The TH are hopefully going to subsidise it a bit and I hope that, if I can get it sorted, that it will be a mix of Spanish and British people who go on it.

6. There are a number of street lights across the municipality that require attention. The TH has a programme whereby the street lights get attention in a rotational timescale. So although we only have a few workers they will get round to them all, it is just that it takes a bit of time.

7. Luis if still trying to get a price for a replacement memorial for the British Legion for by the Renfe.

8. The TH is still looking into the track from Palaces to Solas and the Polizia Local are enquiring about the ownership of some of this track to see what can be done to improve the access there. This area is similar to the area at Llanos de Era as they are quite a way from the main streets we cannot afford to surface these tracks but will try to maintain them by using diggers to level them.

We discussed some other problems which are all being examined for possible solutions.

Finally the following people need to call into the TH, with NIE or passport, to confirm they should be on the Padron, if they can. Paul Keith Hollings, David Arthur and Janet May Horne, Michelle V Morsali, David Charles Tancock, Joan Lorraine Usher. This is the usual random check of the padron. I will try and contact them by phone but in case I cannot reach them I have posted on here.


No comments:

Post a Comment