My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday 7th February

Had a good meeting with Luis this morning. I had to take him away from a meeting which the Technicos, Candido and Manolo were having re the PGOU. There is loads of work going on at the moment with the PGOU and things are looking a little more positive. It is good to see that the politicians are putting party politics to one side and seeking expertise and knowledge from all who can help.    

Luis asked me what sort of events or community things the expat community would like to see but I told him that the vast majority did not want British specific events and would much prefer to be more fully involved with local Spanish things such as the fiestas etc. He was thinking of providing support to things like Queens Birthday etc!  After we had looked at a few things we realised that it would be better to ensure that when anything of a social nature takes place that we get a decent period of notice. Once this had been agreed Luis told me that there was to be a Fiesta for the Almanzora Valley to be held at the Renfe on the 13th March.When the details are fully confirmed Noelia, who is organising it will let me know.

On behalf of the British Legion I asked if we could provide a new marble (or similar) memorial to replace the existing one which keeps getting moved by kids. He agreed to look into providing this.

I raised the issue of the houses between Palaces and Cucador known as Llanos de Era or Barrio de Palaces. He said he would have a look around that area and see what we could do to improve things there.

I asked if there was a way we could ensure that councillors reply to emails. I am constantly frustrated by sending emails which do not even get a response, leaving me not knowing whether they have been received or not. He agreed a process to try and address this. Maybe it is just me!

I also raised the issue for a future project which had been mentioned to me some weeks ago regarding a possible footpath from Los Carasoles to La Alfoquia. He said that of curse there will be the green way following the railway line when the regional authorities get it sorted. It is progressing. But he did also say we could, in addition to that, look at considering a paved footpath more directly by the roads.

We discussed a number of individual issues, which had been referred to me, and he has taken them on board (I have emailed the people, involved in these issues, directly).

We have also agreed to meet with the AUAN and technicos next Wednesday to discuss a possible public meeting.                                

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim I think the green way would be a fantastic way for the almanzora valley councils to spend their money. A green road from Zurgena to Fines could be a good tourist attraction. Back in the UK, the Tissington Trail is a major tourist pull! Any bars along or near the way would also see good business.
    This is a great idea and really does deserve our support.

    ReplyDelete