My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Llanos del Peral

Today was the mini fiesta to inaugurate the little church/village hall in Los Llanos del Peral.

The event was very well attended by both the Spanish and the ExPat communities and, from the feedback I received, it was an excellent afternoon. I must say that the 'special' wine which Francisco's father had made from his locally produced grapes with added honey (and must have been about 20 degs proof) was a lovely drink. Glad I only had a couple otherwise I could not have driven home. The tapas were very good also with a good high grade ham and tasty cheese on offer together with other things.

Candido asked me to stress, during the inauguration, how he hoped that both communities would use the facility. During the afternoon, and as a result of approaches from various residents, it struck me that it would be a good idea to form some sort of village social committee. NOT a residents association with rules etc but just a group of villagers who could represent the village and come up with ideas to use this facility. We have already had suggestions of a street party for the Royal Wedding and we are to try and resurrect the annual fiesta in honour of the local saint. In trying to further this idea I am asking that a) villagers from Los Llanos who think this is an idea worth pursuing to email me and b) those who are willing to assist in organising and planning any future events to also contact me. We have a volunteer in the village who is willing to get it off the ground in Daphne from Calle Abderamman. Once I have these responses I will decide how best to take it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment