My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday 25th March

We had arranged to meet together this morning to discuss a number of issues. Most of these issues were concerning the run up to the elections and a general discussion about issues which may come to the fore. Both Mike and I were briefed on the lists of the two main opposition parties and asked our thoughts on them. We also have agreed to finally conclude our own list tomorrow evening probably about 7.0pm due to some of the councillors being away until later in the day. We should be able to publish that list before Monday.

Apparently the election run in kicks off properly on Monday when various documents come out from the Censors office and this signals the start of electioneering. if it is anything like last time the next few months are going to be very hectic.

I asked if Candido or Francisco had any thought on the timing of the Llanos Del Peral Fiesta as most of the residents I had spoken to did not really want one in February (the local saints day). After looking at the calendar and taking into account the other villages fiesta it was thought that Saturday 14th May would be a good day for it. We have yet to confirm it but it looks likely that this will be the day for the fiesta. I was also told that this particular fiesta used to be held in the traditional manner whereby the Town Hall provided the basic ingredients and the individual village families would cook up there stew to share out. Additionally for those who did not have big families within the village the T.H. would provide a big pan or two. We will see nearer the time what options are available.

The work has commenced (Wednesday) on the bowling green in La Alfoquia. It is to be of artificial grass. I had hoped to be able to involve some local bowlers with the contractors before they got started but there was insufficient time (as usual). I believe Ray Wolverson (from la Alfoquia) who is a bowler assisted with the contractors.

Following a request from some of the residents of Jardines del Almanzora I understand that the cleaning machine has started to regularly cover that area again following its lengthy period out of action.

I have managed to provide feedback to most of those who asked me to check their expediente references with the court lists but if anyone has not yet received a reply please recontact me. There is a new link at the top of this page.

2 comments:

  1. Jim, I think that Candido has done a pretty good job, despite having both hands tied behind his back. If you need any help in the run in give me a ring.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Ken. Might be able to make use of your offer in the next few weeks. Cheers

    ReplyDelete