My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Sunday, May 28, 2023

A Very Sad Day

 Well that’s it over. After 16 years of involvement in the Town Hall my time has come to an end.

We were thoroughly beaten by PP in the election and although I do not know how many councillors we have, we certainly do not have more than a couple.

We fought a fair, honest and truthful campaign. I do not want to dwell on some of the negativity but there are certain aspects I was very disappointed in.

I will no longer have any role within the Town Hall. I am sure the new administration will arrange some additional help for non Spanish speakers. I am confident that Jose Manuel will keep the job we gave him, so you will always have him in the office. I think the English speakers on Domingos list will be contacts for you all to use relative to Town Hall issues. They are Michael Foulkes, Gary Bowen and his son Simon and Ann Richardson. 

I wish the new administration good luck for the next four years. We leave the Town Hall in Zurgena in a vastly improved situation financially and with all the ground work done for the industrial estate, the mill interpretation centre, the railway, the camera security system and many other projects. It should be easy for them to finish those off.

It just leaves me one thing to say and that is to thank all of you who have supported me over these past 16 years it has been interesting, challenging, rewarding and at times fun. I have met and made many wonderful friends during my time. Many memories of our trips and Town Hall activities stay in my head. Zurgena will always be in my heart.

The blog will remain online and is always searchable in the box above.

Thanks and goodbye

Jim


1 comment:

  1. I hope you already find out, that in Zurgena we do not love you, do not bother anymore, get lost.

    ReplyDelete