My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Trips and Events

I did mention in an earlier post that, now that Covid seems not to be an issue any more,  the Town Hall is looking at organising trips etc 

Those of you who have lived here more than a few years will know that we used to have many interesting cultural trips and events. These were always a big hit with our community, involving as they often did food and wine!

One of the events which was most popular was the international food events where local Spanish ladies demonstrated how they made their favourite recipes and others from the different countries did something from theirs eg I did haggis much to the amusement of some! 

I am mentioning these things now as we are looking to get things organised for the last 9 months of this administration, as it is election time next May, at which point I will no longer be able to serve in any official capacity. 

So if you have any ideas preferences or suggestions please let me have them and where possible we will get them organised. I believe we have a small some of money left in the pot to subsidise such trips to some extent.



No comments:

Post a Comment