My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, September 30, 2011

Pleno 30.9

Wow what a record Pleno. Although there appeared to be little of contention on the agenda for todays Pleno it turned out to be the longest I have ever attended. It started at midday and went on until just after 3.0pm! The main reason for the lengthy nature of the meeting was the number of points raised by the PSOE opposition and the number of questions they tabled at the end of the meeting. I will do a fuller resume of the Pleno when I have time to put it together however it did mean that my question time for Kiko and Candido had to be postponed until early next week.

A couple of things I managed to progress prior to the Pleno included the negotiations between the Town Hall and Galasa for the provision of mains water to those houses (Promar Builders) not currently connected to the mains in the Los Llanos area. Sampo, who is now the councillor for liaison with Galasa, informed me that he had been in discussions with Galasa and these were progressing. He hoped to have further news next week. I mentioned to him a few other properties, that do not have mains water, and he asked me to provide details of the occupant and any documentary information and he would try and take those cases up as well. The cases I know of I will contact but, if I have not contacted you, and you are in this postion please let me know so that I can give him a comprehensive list.

Another thing I found out about is the small court for dealing with minor disagreements whih is known as the Court of Peace and is held in Zurgena, organised by the Town Hall and chaired by Judge Jaime. This court will hear disagreements and the judge will rule on these matters as a court of 1st instance before anyone needs to take it to the full courts and start incurring costs.  All that is required is that the people involved contact the Town Hall with details of the dispute etc and the people involved and then the case will be listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment