My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2nd February

Managed to get some progress on some of the more pressing issues today although it did mean that one or two of the Town Hall staff got a bit of a telling off.

Firstly I again stressed how bad the road surface was getting at Cucador. I knew we had asked Paco to repair this area months ago but that it was just getting worse and worse to the point of causing damage to cars. Candido seemed surprised that it had not been repaired and rang Paco. Basically Paco said that, whilst during the year he had sorted road repair maintenance in Palaces, Zurgena and la Alfoquia, he had forgotten about Cucador and promised to rectify this within the week!

I then reminded Candido that we had still not got the lights illuminated in Cuesta de los Pinos or Los Carasoles. He asked me to identify on a map whereabout these lights were as he did not know of any awaiting boletins in that area. I showed him and fortunately Francisco was present who confirmed that there was in fact a number of lights which we had not yet got boletins for. Candido put in a call to Endesa and although could not get to speak to the man promised to chase them up today. He said he would need to visit Los Carasoles to see for himself exactly which area I meant.

The parabolic mirror has now been received and I showed Francisco on a map where I wanted it placing. This will be done after Paco has sorted the road at Cucador.

I also said that there were a number of areas around the pool bar that need tidying up. He said that there are to be a couple of proper green areas but these have not yet received finance so in the meantime he would deploy some of the cleaners to that area to try and make it better. They would also try again to see what could be done about the big hole, whilst within the restrictions of the moment.

Forgot to add that I also asked if we could get the remainder of the street name signs erected and again he was surprised this had not been done. After another phone call to Paco it was agreed that he should sort them out and if there were any, which were missing, he was to go and buy some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment