My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, January 28, 2011

28th January

Spoke with Candido about a few things this morning.

Whilst I was in the Town Hall it was obvious that their staff were getting as frustrated as me with the electricity power cuts (Andreas was kicking his desk in frustration). I asked why it kept happening and whether we could bring any pressure to bear. Candido said that they did often complain to Endesa regarding the interupted supply but it seemed to make no difference. It is caused by the sensitive computer systems that link all the solar plants with the grid, apparently!

Firstly I asked if they had heard about the ruling of the Judge in Almeria who had ruled against the Junta in a case where a Licence of 1st Occupation had been granted under a special ordenacion and they had disputed its validity. He said that they heard about it and it was typical that the following day all the newspapers, supportive of the two main parties, were then saying that they would be working to ensure everyone will be helped to ensure they have services and legal licences of 1st occupation. Funny how they instigated the case in the first place and then when the ruling goes against them they publicise how they will help everyone!

I suggested the following two dates for a "Meet the Mayor" meeting. The 16th or 17th February. He said he would check with the solicitors and let me know which date was best, as soon as he could.

I again asked about the street lights for Cuesta de los Pinos (still awaiting boletin from Endesa) and the parabolic mirror (still waiting on Salvadore and he wasn't in today).

No comments:

Post a Comment