My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Spanish Legion Base visit

As some of you know we have developed a great relationship with the Spanish Legion based in Viator near Almeria. As part of our relationship we regularly host exercises by the Legion in our municipality. Another exercise is to be held later this year. Quite a number of our residents have visited the Legions base in the past and i can confirm, from my personal experience, it is a visit that I highly recommend. My contact with the the legion is Andrew Mortimer who is an honourary member of the Legion and he teaches the officers english language. Andy has advised me that the Legion are having a Parade day on the 6th May at the base. and he has said he will invite anyone I know who wishes to go. It normally includes a tour of their museum, which is very interesting, a good view of the parade and lunch in the officers mess. the benefit to Andy and the Legion is to have their officers practice english on you! If you are interested in going to the base on this date please drop me an email to jimszurgena@gmail.com inckuding your NIE and passport numbers (for security) and your contact details and i will ensure you are on the invite list.

No comments:

Post a Comment