My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Sports Activities & Chemists Precription Drugs

As you know we try to encourage as many sports activities as we can in the Municipality.

I recently realised that I had not informed you of the process to hire any of the facilities.

Firstly I am asked to remind you of the Over 50s Veterans Football which Ian Hamilton manages. This activity is becoming increasingly popular and the team are travelling to take part in tournaments across Southern Spain. If you are interested in this activity training is held each Monday and Thursday at 1000 at the artificial pitch by the side of the pool in La Alfoquia.

The Town Hall also has other facilities which are available for residents to play on. These include the Sports Hall, the Padel courts, the petanque courts, the gymnasium etc. If you wish to avail yourself of any of these facilities just contact me and I can arrange it.

Second point is that I have had a few people querying why the chemist is not issuing certain drugs without a prescription. The reason is that the government are tightening the rules and also carrying our spot checks on the Pharmacists and issuing fines of 10s of thousands of euros for non compliance
with the new rules. Basically if a drug has a small circle on the packaging then they are forbidden from issuing it without a prescription. There are still some Pharmacists issuing when they shouldn´t but that is their risk.  The only ones which can be sold are those advertised on television. 

No comments:

Post a Comment