My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Cancer Bus and Postal Boxes.

I have been asked to canvas the english speaking community to see if there is any interest in having a presentation by AECC (in english). This is the Cancer charity of Almeria who are responsible for providing help and assistance with all aspects of cancer care. If you are or have a friend or relative who is, or has, suffered from Cancer ,you may benefit from the information they can give you. If it would interest you please let me know by email or telephone.

As you all know we have been running a weekly bus service which collects at all villages and takes the passengers to Huercal Overa on Market Day (Monday). We heavily subsidise this service as it was one of the most important requests, on a survey of expats some 4 years ago. However very few people are using the service and I have decided to run the service at half price from now until the end of June to see if this increases the usage. As from Monday next the price of the bus will be €2.50 return. If there is little or no take up of the service we will discontinue it at the end of June.

I have had a few people ask if there were any available postal boxes opposite La Vida. Unfortunately most people when they have sold their homes have handed over the boxes to the new owners. In order to see if there is enough people wanting a box at this location I am canvassing for interested parties. If you or someone you know wants a box at this location please ask them to let me know. If there is sufficient numbers to make it economic to commission another buzon I will look at it.

We have about 8 places left on the Cosentino Marble factory trip on the 17th May left.

No comments:

Post a Comment