My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Back to Work, PGOU, Paella, Football 7s, Badminton, Memory, Cancer Support.

I have returned to work today after 10  days in the UK (now full of cold!).

There has been a meeting between our Politicians and the Junta regarding our PGOU whilst I was away. I will be asking for an update in the next two days and hope to post the outcome of this meeting on here as soon as I can. I am waiting for two reports from participants in this meeting before formulating a public statement, hopefully within a week.

A reminder to those who have expressed an interest that Lola will be showing us how to make traditional Paella in the local way this coming Sunday in the Renfe at 11.0am. If any changes I will post them on here. As there is over 30 people attending can I ask that you bring a bottle of wine or whatever you would like to wash it down with. We have supplies and we may not need to break into any brought bottles but just to be on the safe side.

I notice that there is still no sign of work commencing on the motorway and on asking I was informed that they told us they would be starting work next week but we have not yet had a call to say they are definitely going to!!!!

Football. Enrique has asked if I can see if there is any team of 7 players who would like to take part in a small tournament being organised for this Saturday in La Alfoquia. If you are interested please contact me.

The gentleman who runs the Badminton club in Cantoria wants to know if there are any residents from our area who want to participate in Badminton in the Sports Hall in Zurgena on Monday evenings. At the moment he has 3 but he needs to have nearer to 10 to make it viable. So if you are a badminton player or want to learn please drop me an email or give me a call and I will forward the details to him. I need to know by Monday 11th April.

Another initiative being held on the 26th April is a short class helping people with memory exercises. This is initially for Spanish but if there is sufficient interest from the english speaking community we will organise one for them. Again just drop me an email if you would be interested in this.

For anyone who is dealing with Cancer in a friend or relative the Spanish Association Fight Cancer provides all the support services for anyone needing help. The Association has a web site www.aecc.es and are contactable on 682142441 or 950244206. If you need help and want to contact this association contact my office and we will provide support.

Lastly just a couple of pictures of our interesting day at Calar Alto Observatory which I think most people thoroughly enjoyed. The guides were both very helpful and the time flew past.





No comments:

Post a Comment