My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Inauguration of Council for 2015-2019

Today saw the formal inauguration of the new Council for Zurgena (see photo below).

As in the past 2 occasions that I have been part of it it followed a similar process. Fortunately they know my limitations and Noelia took over as President allowing me to play a less prominent role!

All the new councillors swore their promises before the public audience and after that the secret ballot to elect our Mayor took place with the result being that which was expected, Luis as Mayor.

He then made a short speech promising to work hard with his councillors for the betterment of our villages. So now it is time to get down to hard work.

I discovered at the end of the meeting that a late decision had been made to go for a 4 course meal to Kalevala (€25 per head) but I (being an antisocial animal) declined. (Think Sue is fed up of the time I am already spending at the TH).



Thanks to David John for the image

No comments:

Post a Comment