My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Monday, June 29, 2015

Busy Busy.

Well our new administration is now formally in place and we have our specific roles. It seems that Luis Diaz Garcia (Alcalde) is determined to manage his councillors by allowing them to take responsibility for their own budgets and departments. Mine include the Police, Civil Protection, Emergency Planning, British Community, Integration and the 3rd Age. So I think I am going to have my hands full.

One area which I am trying to tackle first is our english speaking help desk. We now have in place two persons, Jose Manuel and Andreas. So we now have double the available bilingual speakers to assist our community. I will draw up a proper job description for Jose but basically what we want to achieve is a help desk which if not 100% available, then at least the vast majority of the time, to attend to you. For example if you wish to speak to someone in English you will have Andreas as first option, Jose as back up and me in emergencies! Additionally Jose has been tasked with organising and delivering the Spanish language lessons, which start with the registration etc this Wednesday.

As decisions are made I will communicate them through here.

No comments:

Post a Comment