My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

British Vice Consul's visit.

We had a visit today from the British Vice consul Rosslyn Crotty.

She arrived at the TH at shortly after 9.0am and we had a meeting with the local councillors in the TH before moving to the Renfe at 10.0am for a meeting attended by most of the mayors or their representatives from the region. It was pleasing to see that mayors such as those from Mojacar, Albox and Pulpi were there but towns not represented were Huercal Overa, Almeria, Roquetas, Arboleas and Partaloa, even though they confirmed they would attend! Anyway the Vice Consul explained how the British embassy was happy to help everyone of the expats to register on their towns Padron and to publish how they should go about this. There followed a lengthy discussion about the difficulties experienced by the various Town Halls in ensuring 100% registration and the Vice Consul agreed to try and help tackle some of these problems. I will release more details as and when I get the official press release from the embassy.

The meeting ended at 1.35pm and we adjourned for a drink before going to the Campsa building in La Alfoquia for a beautiful meal prepared by Bonillos Catering. It was a first class meal, exceptionally well prepared and served. So if anyone needs a caterers to provide a first class service I can recommend them.

I eventually arrived home at 5.15pm so quite a long day. But I was good in that I did not avail myself of the many complimentary drinks and wines available.

Can anyone help with the following two names as I have post for them.

Albert George Stannard and James Francis Blaschke.

No comments:

Post a Comment