My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Demonstration Almanzora Village (UPDATE)

I have now been told that it will start at 12 noon. My car is now full.

A decision was reached last night by all the Mayors of the various municipalities in the Almanzora Valley to hold a public demonstration against the continuing demolitions of properties.

Spanish people affected by these actions such as businessmen, associations, politicians and ordinary men and women will be attending to show solidarity with the owners of the demolished properties and to increase the pressure on the Junta to agree the PGOUs (urban plans). I am asking for as big a turnout from the expat community as is possible.

These plans (P.G.O.U.s) are due to be discussed next week in Almeria and this is the only way ordinary householders, like you and I, have of influencing these discussions.

So if you have a spare hour and a half on Saturday please attend at the main square in Almanzora village between 12noon and 12.30pm. Remember the more people who attend the greater the pressure on the Junta to take the right course of action and help us reach an agreed PGOU and stop demolishing homes.

This is the only way, and probably the only time, you as an individual can have any effect on the future of our land and homes. So PLEASE try and make it.

PS I have 3 spaces in my car if anyone needs a lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment