My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Monday, November 11, 2013

British Legion, Roads, Health System,Trip etc

Firstly there was a very good turnout at the RBL Remembrance day service today in the Renfe, with an excellent service from the vicar and a moving last post played on a clarinet, which nearly brought a tear to my eye. Candido attended again as he has done each of the past 5 or more years and Noelia also (as deputy mayor) attended. She took a keen interest in the service and asked all sorts of questions and both she and Candido made donations and wore a poppy. Nice!

I then went with Candido to check on the 11 workers who are engaged in replanting the park areas. They are currently working on the small park in La Alfoquia opposite the school where the mature peoples gym and kids play park is. They will then be doing the park Gines Parra in Zurgena.

We also called into the THs store in La Alfoquia and I found some of the missing street signs so asked for them to be installed as and when the workers were working in the areas they apply to. At least we have them. If nothing happens I may install them myself!

We then went to the Town Hall for me to check with him the state of my outstanding issues.

Firstly I asked about the pump for the sewerage works at Cuesta de los Pinos which we were supposed to have repaired before the summer! He explained that we still had not got the correct pump. He made a phone call and Diego from New Horizons turned up with the original project so that Candido could get the exact specification of the pump, model etc and reorder it. He explained that so far he had tried 2 different companies but none had supplied him with the correct pump. He said he would try and get it sorted.

He did explain that at this moment in time we are very short of workers. Instead of 4 cleaners we only have 2 as the other 2 are off sick. In relation to the rest of the workers, the main thrust of their work activity at the moment is on the new sewerage system in La Alfoquia which will probably take them another week or two.

I then asked about the Nila contract based on the project from 2010/11 which we expected to start last month. He explained that the change of mayor had caused a slight delay to that. He had been speaking to Nila and the Diputacion and he hopes that they will sign the new contract tomorrow. Apparently Tuesday is the day our contracts are scheduled to be signed. It is to be hoped that this is the case because Nila have their machinery at Los Higuerales at the moment and they will finish there this week and i will be better if our contract is signed before they finish there otherwise they will move their heavy machinery to another area and it would take longer to get them back to us. This contract, it is hoped will enable us to resurface many bits of roads that need it as well as roads that have no tarmac at all at the moment such as some in Los Carasoles, Palaces, and Los Llanos (Avenida Poetas). The original project showed a one kilometre stretch extending the road between Los Llanos and Almajalejo but he is going to use that to do other more pressing stretches of road. So fingers crossed for tomorrow!

We then spent half an hour going over all the street plans to see where we hope to be able to resurface or surface them, and it seems a pretty comprehensive list of the streets that I know need attention. The only one which I know needs attention but which may well not be included in this project is Calle Finlandia and the end of Calle Hungria as these need earthmoving works and Nila will not do that. We need to do that when we can.

I asked about the electricity supply for the lights on Calle Juan Ramon Jimenez and the other streets around that area. He explained that that is one of the roads to be surfaced and the nearest electric supply is quite a distance away. So much so that we cannot afford to connect it yet but he is aware and will ensure trunking is included when it it resurfaced.

I reported the street lights which are not working (as reported by yourselves) and he rang Enrique (who looks after these problems) so he is aware of those that need attention.

I also asked about my street plan for Cuesta de los Pinos and he said he hoped that the workers would be in that area at the end of November and that it would be installed then.

I am sure I have forgotten some things but I do still have my original list which I continue to revisit until each item is attended to.

I am also trying to organise a talk by a health professional who can explain all the benefits etc that ex pats could and should be claiming as he believes that many ex pats are not getting what they could out of the Spanish Health system.

I am also negotiating for a trip for the elderly of both communities and I have an itinerary and a budget (at last) for it. So I will organise a way that this trip can be populated by both the Spanish and English speaking communities probably for next February.

No comments:

Post a Comment