My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Councillors Meeting 16th January

We had a, hastily convened, meeting of the ruling councillors last night at 5.0pm. For a change I was a little late having been out to lunch it was 5.10pm when I got there but the meeting had not started!

I ended up with a very sore head. I had no interpreter and therefore was reliant on the others talking slowly and I was grateful to Kiko and Ana for doing so and being patient with me. There were only 4 councillors present. Kiko (PP Mayor), Ana (PP), Noelia (PA) and myself (PA). Kiko had called the meeting and we did have a lot to go through. Amongst the things we discussed were the application for funds to the Dept of Agriculture and Environment following the flood, the various projects we are considering for the future, the potential to outsource management of the WiFi and the various TH functions such as maintenance contracts, a possibility of installing CCTV in the park areas, a new card system for market stall holders, hours of the Police, issues regarding the schools, and finally the secretary joined us to clarify the conditions etc we need to include in the contract for the next company to run the gymnasium. So all in all an interesting but very tiring time for my old brain.

We did also briefly discuss the progress of the PGOU and the fact that there are, as far as we can see, a possible 2 more reports the Junta can ask for before giving us a response to our application. As soon as any further news or response is received I will immediately post on here. Hope springs eternal!

We talked about other issues of more mundane topics and the meeting ended at 7.40pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment