My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Solicitors Scam & Easter

Some time ago, I had reported to me, by a number of people, letters being received from solicitors purporting to suggest that in order to prevent their houses being demolished they needed to retain their services and asked for fees for this. Others had letters suggesting they could legalise their homes in return for payments of fees and most recently a resident near Cucador received a letter from, what was previously thought to be, a bona fide a large firm of solicitors. This letter stated that the solicitors had received a communication from a Spanish Tax office in Malaga requiring the recipient of the letter to pay €7,000.
I took this to the Town Hall and asked the Secretary about this and she confirmed my thoughts that Malaga, of course, has no authority over Zurgena.
I had recently had a meeting with a company of solicitors from Almeria, who had been recommended to me, so I thought I would test them out by asking their advice on this letter. They immediately asked me to inform the recipient to pay nothing. They then asked me if I knew of any other cases as they would consider taking it up with the Guardia Civil as in their opinion there appeared to be a criminal offence.
So if there is anyone who has received any such communication recently please let me know.
The programme for Easter will be the same as previous years. The main events take place in Zurgena and smaller ones in La Alfoquia. On Thursday afternoon there will be mass followed by a procession. Friday morning mass followed by events afternoon and midnight. Sunday morning mass followed by procession and music. La Alfoquia is similar except smaller and the Sunday mass will be on Saturday morning. This all depends on the weather as it is anticipated that we may have rain before Sunday however, Sunday is expected to be nice.
Also from the 5th to 8th April there is a display of work by an artist in the Municipal Theatre 1100x1300 and 1700x1900 each day.
The Town Hall will be closed Thursday and Friday.
The Town Hall secretary is on holiday all this week.
I left a list of those wifi, lighting and cleaning issues which have recently been reported to me for the information of Public Works councillor (Candido).

No comments:

Post a Comment