My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, February 10, 2012

That Decree & Legion & Pensioners Meeting

Just a few points.

One I asked how the meeting had gone on Tuesday past. You may recall that when I spoke with Candido last week he informed me that there was to be a meeting of all the Mayors and councillors who wished to question the Junta regarding its (the decrees) effect on their towns this Tuesday gone. As I had not heard anything I asked the Sampo if he had heard how it had gone. He then went and asked Luiz the architect who informed him and us that the Junta had said it will not have any effect on Zurgena. Which is pretty much how Candido told me after its publication.

Secondly I am organising a small trip to the Spanish Legion base near Almeria, the date of which, is the 8th March. The day will comprise as follows,
1045 Meet at cafe near the base (people will be making their own way)

1100 x 1200 Visit to Legion museum, hosted by the Officer students

12:15: Visit to one of the Battalions. 

13:30: Lunch at the mess with students. 

15:00: Farewell till the next visit.

I have a number of people who have booked their places (if you have not received an email confirmation from me today please let me know) but I still have room for a few more. Ladies (well behaved) are welcome. If you are interested please let me know asap at the usual email.

Lastly but not least the following,

Our partners in the coalition in Zurgena, the PP party of Zurgena and Almeria have organised a public meeting for 3rd Age Residents (pensioners). The idea of the meeting is to let the residents state what their needs are and be able to find out what help or assistance is available to them. The first meeting which will be totally in Spanish with be on the 15th of March. Before this happens we would very much like to hear from our english speaking residents as to what issues or problems they have. This will allow us to plan the content of the meeting and allow for the appropriate question session. Sampo, John Hare and myself , as councillor or the 3rd Age, will be having a meeting on February 22nd to plan the content.
If you have any questions or things you would like mentioned at such a meeting please get in touch either directly to myself or to John Hare at johnhare ppzurgena@hotmail.com
So get your thinking caps on and forward any and all issues which you feel should be covered. As examples I can think of a few such as the availability of disability aids (wheelchairs etc) financial or social support. Just let us know.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim
    Can you please clarify who counts as 3rd age? I assume that it means anyone who is a grandparent as we have 3rd generation children but I do not like to assume. Is it age related? If so, what age. I have friends in Fines who have a great time on 3rd generation outings. What is zurgena doing?

    ReplyDelete