My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, February 16, 2012

IBI Update, Trip and OAP Questions

I was in the Town Hall this morning when I had the opportunity to speak with Salvadore (the councillor responsible for the records being supplied to the Diputacion for the assessments of IBI).

I visited his office and saw the piles of papers he has compiled for submission to the Diputacion. He has already submitted quite a few but my file was still on his desk. So I signed the declaration which many of you will have done already. I asked what the process would be next. He informed me that once the Diputacion accept the declarations, he is submitting, they would place the records onto their computer. This would generate a notification of their assessment and the detail upon which they have reached that conclusion. We then have 3 months during which to record any objection or alteration needed. I asked how we were going to ensure that everyone received this notification and Salva said that he was hoping to use the Polizia Local to notify people, after which, he would supply me a list of any properties for which we have not received notifications, so that I can inform people. He assures me that all residents will receive IBI bills this September. I asked him if he could give me any idea, of a time frame for receipt of these notifications, and he told me that he did not know, other than it would have to be before May. He told me that they had put all the records on for the Pool Bar area in L.A. yesterday but that they were off the system today. They (the Diputacion) are still learning the new software that is being used.

Some of you may have noticed the Bandos which appeared last Friday, regarding the sponsored trip to Aguadulce for 5 days for €10. I knew about this last week but was told that I could not put anything on here, as it would afford readers an unfair advantage over many of the elderly Spanish residents and, whilst it is open to all residents, it had to be done on a 1st come 1st served basis and therefore to be fair the old system had to apply (which was why I drew your attention to Bandos in the last post). After deciding that the criteria for qualification for the trip was over 65, I then received a call that, as the councillor for the 3rd Age, I could go on it, however, I thought that unfair and had already made alternative plans.

I have still only received 2 questions, to put to the man coming up from Almeria (at the request of PP), to help people understand the services etc available for OAPs. I would have thought that many more questions would have been needing answers than that. If you have any issues you are unsure about in relation to benefits or support which may be available in Spain to OAPs please let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment