My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16th

Had chance to discuss a few outstanding issues with Candido today.

Firstly I asked him to give me his take on the recently published Decree from Josefina Cruz of the Junta. He stated that it is of no benefit to Zurgena residents as it is a process they are putting in place to help those, whose houses do not have building licences and are not on urbanised areas. He told me that, having digested the content, he is of the opinion that for it to be of value it would only apply to, say a very remote, Cortijo which could not be included in an area of urban land. As all the properties within Zurgena either have a building licence, or the Town Hall was prevented from issuing one, and that they could all be included in the urban areas, as defined in our proposed PGOU. Therefore of no benefit to our residents.

I again asked if there was any change to the granting of small or general building licences. He said that there had been no change. I was asking as I wanted to replace a one metre wire fence with a block wall. He advised me that due to the lack of norms there was no general permission or likely grant of permission for such work but did give me some advice.

I asked about the resurfacing of Avenida Poetas in Llanos del Peral and the main access road into Palaces. He replied that we had been in discussion with the Diputacion about the grant of the contracts for this work, and 5 other road surface projects, and they have now decided that it is in the power of the Town Hall to issue the contracts and that we will be approving these at our next Pleno meeting. So hopefully within a few months the contracts should have been assigned and completed. I also reported the defects in a number of other roads which would benefit greatly from attention. He noted all these roads and said he would include them in the works for the next month or two.

I also reported the street lights which I had been informed were not working and he also noted them.

I reminded him of the no parking area, signs and lines, which we had previously discussed for Palaces. He apologised and said he had forgotten about that one. He noted it and would try and get it done soon.

I also raised the recurring complaint about the almond factory and he said that both he and Ana (the current Mayoress) have been having discussions about various issues emanating from this factory and hoped they would resolve the issues shortly.

I also thanked him for getting the street lamp post repaired in Calle Adriano.

He was busily engaged in trying to resolve the issue of problems with the internet which was affecting about 100 residents. Apparently a telephone engineer working in the area had disconnected something which had led to this situation. As this engineer did not know when he could get back to Zurgena Candido was trying to locate the problem. He sends his apologies and is doing his best to get it sorted.


No comments:

Post a Comment