My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Update 11/10 at last

Got a call from the Town Hall this morning to the effect that Candido could see me this morning! I agreed to be in for 11.30 and at last we sat down and got through some issues. The 1st problem was that I was wanted to attend a meeting of the 3rd Age on Friday (which I probably am going to unable to make). Why don't they give me more notice?

At first we discussed a number of points regarding some residents of Cucador on unsegregated land which he gave me some advice on.

I reported to him the lights that have been reported to me as not working. He was exceedingly annoyed at the ones on Cuesta de los Pinos not working as he had already had a discussion about these. He was going to visit himself tonight to see all those not working and get the company back. Regarding the Los Carasoles ones this is more complicated and I will email those who reported them.

I asked on behalf of a couple of the residents who had asked to see the Plans for Zurgena. He confirmed that that should be no problem but that those wishing to do so should ask for an appointment with Ana who is now the Councillor for Building etc. He could see no reason for her not to allow such requests.

I had had a few complaints regarding people leaving leaflets etc on top of the post boxes around the area. I was informed that this is the result of people being paid to deliver leaflets house to house who cannot be bothered. He even told me that at the time of the bullfight in Zurgena the Town Hall had fallen foul of this and been denounced. No one is allowed to deposit large quantities of leaflets in such a scenario and if anyone does so again then we can either inform the company or report it with a copy of the leaflet to the Guardia Civil.

I asked about vermin control and the amount of dog mess littering various areas which I had received a number of complaints about. Unfortunately due to the reshuffle this is not an area that our councillors has any responsibility for now and it is a matter for the new Mayor. I asked how we can have some impact on the Mayors decisions on what to do about this and he said that if people lodged complaints on the standard form available at the Town Hall this would help. I will get Andreas to do a specimen one and run off some copies for people to sign which could lead to some action being taken.

Regarding the Bowling Green we need now to give the Town Hall an update of the figures for the remainder of the work necessary and then he can fight to get the appropriate budget for that. I will contact the people for that.

I had a query about the Bar La Campsa and when it could be rented. It transpires that no decision has been made about this bar as it was meant to be solely for use by the 3rd Age in La Alfoquia and it is up to them what happens with it.

I asked about a recent entry in the press regarding the Mayor of Huercal Overa stating that they were going to be putting a green route through Los Carasoles. He said this is right and wrong. Firstly Huercal Overa's area of authority stops at a point to the east of Los Carasoles however, there is a Plan from the Comunidad de Almanzora involving all the councils in the valley to utilise this old railway line to provide a green/cycle route. Work has started on the furthest west of these, at Seron, and the work should reach our area by 2013 or 2014.

I also asked about whether we, as a council, are issuing building licences and I was told that the short answer is no however, each application would be treated on its merits and whether they could grant them without any problems. I suspect that that means small building licences may be acceptable but not construction licences.

Other matters which were discussed and cannot be published will be communicated by email to those involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment