My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remembrance Day

Today being the 11th of the 11th the Royal British Legion held their annual remembrance day service at the San Ramon Nonato church in Zurgena. It was reasonably attended but maybe a few less than last year. The priest Padre Manuel Herada again issued an invite to all expats to use the church saying that it was there for all to use. He congratulated the organisers conduct and presentation of the service which he especially mentioned and thought was excellent. He does seem a really nice and welcoming person.

Had a few people at the surgery this morning and afternoon and as always, if anyone has any concerns or questions about what the council is, or is not doing, please make arrangements to come and discuss. As you know the reason I took this post was to be able to try and get answers (or to get things done, not always quite as easy). I would much rather people came and discussed things than set the hares off.

On a similar matter as many of you know the local elections will be taking place again next May. I have not yet decided whether to stand again or not. However it is most likely that should the Partido Andalucista field a list for the elections then I would expect to have input into the next manifesto. I think that will be drawn up about February/March next year but the reason I mention it now is that you can all put your thinking hats on and if there is anything you believe I should put forward for consideration for inclusion then please let me know. I will keep all suggestions until that time and then see what the response is.

I did ask about the Gun Club, as some people had emailed saying they thought they had been granted a licence. This is not the case, the Town Hall has no knowledge of any attempts to get permissions for the club to restart and, if anyone suspects that they are operating as a club, they should contact the Guardia Civil when the shooting is taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment