My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Very Clever Scam

 Just thought I should post about this very clever scam that is doing the rounds and which I nearly fell for. 

It started as a message on Facebook messenger from a friends account just asking how we were etc and after a couple of messages back and forth (which made it look convincing) then asked if I heard the good news about a grant available to help people financially. It was referred to a FGG Federal Government Grant to aid people in these difficult times. It then implied on another message that my friend had received her grant within 48 hours - So now I started to get suspicious! I was then asked if I wanted the link and how to apply. When I replied saying I would check it out as I thought it might be a scam it replied,  ¨ Okay¨. 

Checked with friend by email and discovered her Facebook account had been hacked. She lives in Spain and I am in the UK so obviously trawling Facebook irrespective of account holders location.

The scammers are getting more and more clever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment