My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Culinary/Culture Day & Details of a Piki Trip

Following the success of these days earlier this year and last year we are proposing organising another next month. We are looking at Wednesday 25th October.

Those of you who attended at previous events will know the format. What we do is have a few Spanish and from other countries who present a dish from their home country. They do a short verbal presentation about their dish and show how they prepare it (a few pictures showing the process) and afterwards we all sit down to enjoy the food prepared, together with wine and/or beer whatever people bring.

So I am asking that anyone who wishes to volunteer to do a dish at this event to contact me with their idea and what quantity of the dish they would be able to bring to the day. I do hope we can make it as successful as the previous ones. To give you some idea at the last one I prepared Haggis and I explained where and how we catch the wild haggis and how we prepare it for eating!

I will also need numbers for those who wish to attend. So on this occasion we will be registering people who wish to attend. Just let me have your names and telephone number if you wish to attend.

We are also looking at our next trip which will probably be to Calasparra around the 11th November but not confirmed yet. I will post once agreed.

Piki Autobuses, who we use for our Town Hall trips, has details of a trip they are doing in December to the world famous Catholic Pilgrimage Site at Fatima in Portugal. The trip is of 5 days duration pick up locally and the price includes Full Board (inc wine bread and water with each meal) at a hotel in Fatima, entrances to the monasteries and grottos and all transport for a price of €330 per person but with an individual supplement of €130. If anyone is interested I have the full itinerary and details.


No comments:

Post a Comment