My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, January 27, 2017

Calling All Actors

I had a very interesting meeting this morning with the Councillor for Tourism from Macael.

He is arranging to hold a historical Play entitled ´Canteros y Caciques en lucha de Marmol´.

This play reenacts the early history of the marble industry in Macael and the, not insubstantial part, played in its evolution by a man called George Lee an Englishman who was a director of the Railway which took the marble from Macael to the coast.

The role is very small as regards the words spoken in the play but the organisers want to cement the reality of the play by using an english speaking person.

They would also look at including a few more men or women in the play of there was a wish to take part.

Certainly from my perspective I think this will be a very interesting project and I will try and organise a coach party to go to the play when it is performed on 27th and 28t May in Macael.

I have a copy of the script and if any of you theatrical types are interested please contact me so I can put you in touch with the organisers. They are holding rehearsal days on the 11th and 18th February at 11.0am and 6.0pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment