My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Exciting Opportunity

Calling all star gazers!

Recently the people responsible for the Calar Alto observatory near Gergal have started to try and promote the observatory as an astro tourism destination and, to that end, they have contacted me to try and arrange an english speaking visit. It would be the first english speaking event held at the observatory.

The visit would commence at the observatory at 10.0am Friday 25th March with a talk/digital presentation to give the visitor a background to the work of the observatory and the quality of the science achieved here.After the presentation there will be the opportunity to visit one of the dome telescopes typically one of the 3.5metre ones.

The visit would cost €10 per person. I am trying to organise a coach but not sure yet whether I can get a subsidy for it or not.

I need to have confirmed numbers by Monday next, so if this interests you please contact me asap. Or if you know of anyone who may be interested get them to contact me. This need not be restricted to Zurgeneros although they would obviously have first pick.

I am informed that it is one of the most important observatories in Europe and this is an amazing opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jim,
    We came on the Cabo de Gata walk which we thoroughly enjoyed. We would be very interested in the trip to the observatory, there are 2 of us. Please let us know about transport arrangements and final cost.

    Thanks

    Our email is aborolass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry. I did not notice your comment on this post. Please note my email is jimszurgena@gmail.com and my mobile is 610194260 should you ever want to contact me.

      Delete